Northwestern Medicine Community Benefit grants provide financial assistance to designated nonprofit organizations, governmental or public entities who are working to address identified community health priorities based on their local community health needs assessments, and/or community health improvement plans.
For this grant cycle, Northwestern Medicine has chosen to focus on three categories that complement our health system's Community Benefit priority needs:
- Access to Healthcare services: Northwestern Medicine supports local service initiatives that decrease the number of residents in the Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital primary service areas who indicate they had difficulty accessing healthcare services.
- Mental health and substance abuse: Northwestern Medicine supports local service initiatives that invest resources and working collaboratively with community alliances to promote and support mental health and substance abuse programs.
- Chronic disease: Northwestern Medicine supports local service programs to reduce the prevalence and burden of chronic disease, in the areas of evidence-based primary interventions (disease prevention, health promotion), evidence-based secondary interventions (screenings), and evidence-based tertiary interventions (education to individuals affected by a chronic disease) in an effort to promote an optimum state of individual wellness.
Applying for a grant
To be eligible for a Northwestern Medicine Community Benefit grant, you must:
- Be a community-based organization with a 501(c) (3) federal designation; or be an organization that is provided fiscal agent oversight by an established community-based organization with such designations; a school or government agency
- Primarily serve residents of the Northwestern Medicine service areas in DuPage or Kane counties
- Have a project or activity that addresses one or more Northwestern Medicine priority needs (access to healthcare services, mental health and substance abuse, chronic disease) and demonstrates measurable improvement
The FY19 Northwestern Medicine Community Benefit Grant Program application is available and applications are being accepted until Friday, June 15, no later than 5pm.
Grant Cycle: September 1, 2018-August 31, 2019
Submit proposals via USPS or electronically to:
Community Health Services
CB Grant Program
Attn: Karin Podolski
300 Randall Road
Geneva, IL 60134
Grants Awarded in FY18
Click here to view the complete list of grants awarded in FY18.