Chicago Marathon Street Closures To Impact Traffic Around Northwestern Memorial Hospital
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon street closures and traffic congestion could impact patients and visitors traveling to the downtown Chicago medical campus this weekend. The marathon takes place on Sunday, October 8.
The start and finish line areas are both located in Grant Park on Columbus Drive. The following streets around Northwestern Memorial Hospital campus will be closed:
Closed 7:00 – 10:00 am
- Columbus Drive (Randolph Street to Grand Avenue)
- Grand Avenue (Columbus Drive to State Street)
- State Street (Grand Avenue to Jackson Boulevard)
- Jackson Boulevard (State Street to LaSalle Street)
- Closed 7:00 – 11:30 am
- LaSalle Street (Jackson Boulevard to Stockton Drive)
Closed 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- North Avenue (Sedgwick Street to Wells Street)
- Wells Street (North Avenue to Hubbard Street)
Additional times of the street closures at the various points and expected re-open times as well as expressways and exits that will be affected can be found here*.
For access to Northwestern Memorial Hospital from the north, use Lake Shore Drive and exit at Michigan Avenue, proceeding south to Chicago Avenue. From the south, take Lake Shore Drive and exit at Chicago Avenue to Fairbanks.