Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Cadence Health Pursue Merger
Cadence Health® and Northwestern Memorial HealthCare (NMHC) announced today that they have signed a Letter of Intent to enter a period of exclusive discussions to form an integrated academic healthcare delivery system. Cadence Health is corporate parent to Central DuPage Hospital and Delnor Hospital, and NMHC is parent to Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital.
“Cadence Health is one of Illinois’ premier healthcare systems serving patients throughout Chicago’s surrounding communities,” says Dean M. Harrison, NMHC President and CEO, who would continue to lead the combined health system. “A merger of our health systems would combine Cadence Health’s strong portfolio of primary and specialty care with our strength as one of the nation’s leading academic medical centers, to create a preeminent integrated academic health system that benefits all residents, regardless of their ability to pay, by giving them increased access to physicians, clinical trials and Northwestern University research programs as well as integrated primary, secondary and advanced tertiary services.”
“We believe this merger will create a multi-regional health system focused on the singular vision of providing high quality care with an unwavering patient focus,” said Mike Vivoda, President and Chief Executive Officer, Cadence Health, who will become the Regional President for NMHC.
NMHC and Cadence share a patient-centered culture with a commitment to excellence, quality and transparency that includes:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital distinguished by its Nurse Magnet® designation, its standing as the most preferred hospital in Chicago, and its ranking on the US News and World Report Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals as the 6th ranked hospital in the nation with 12 nationally-ranked specialties and its ranking as No.1 in Illinois and No.1 in the Chicago metro;
- Central DuPage Hospital distinguished as one of the “100 Top Hospitals,” as ranked by Truven Health Analytics and by its Nurse Magnet designation;
- Delnor Hospital distinguished by its Nurse Magnet designation and exceptional reputation for providing excellent and compassionate services;
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital distinguished as the leading provider of healthcare in Lake County for its US News ranking as No. 21 in Illinois, No. 19 in the Chicago metro and distinguished by its Nurse Magnet designation; and
- Northwestern Medical Group, the faculty practice plan for the faculty of Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine; Northwestern Memorial Physicians Group; and Cadence Physician Group; each of which is comprised of dedicated providers seeking exceptional clinical outcomes for the patients we are privileged to serve.