Kimberley Moon, R.N. Named the "Jean Ewing Nursing Excellence" Award Winner
Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital July 14, 2008
She added that Moon is an active member of the Clinical Nursing Leadership Council (CNLC), she co-chairs her department’s unit-based shared governance council, and serves on the Magnet Steering Council and Clinical Excellence Council. Moon’s parents and husband joined her as she received the Jean Ewing Nursing Excellence award, which includes a “Making a Difference” statue, a $1,000 scholarship, a diamond Journey necklace, a parking place of her choice, and lunch with the Metropolitan Healthcare Council. Her portrait will be placed on the LFH Nursing Wall of Clinical Excellence and she will lead the Clinical Recognition Council for one year.
A total of 25 nominees were submitted for recognition by their nursing peers for Nurses Week this year. Nine (9) awards were made to represent the 9 American Nursing Association attributes of Standards of Professional Practice.
Moon was recognized for outstanding achievement in all 9 attributes. The other award recipients were presented with a “Making a Difference statue, a $500 scholarship, and lunch with the Metropolitan Chicago Healthcare Council for their achievement in these categories:
- Quality of Practice – Insook Lee, R.N. Intensive Care
- Education – Sharon Dufault, R.N., Pediatrics
- Professional Practice Evaluation – Rebecca Singzon, R.N., Emergency Department
- Collegiality – Mary Thottathil, R.N., Intensive Care
- Collaboration – Miriela Giovanni, R.N., Special Care Nursery
- Ethics – Jennifer Forsman, R.N., Labor and Delivery
- Research – Erika Johnson, R.N., Pediatrics
- Resource Utilization – Darnell Keesling, R.N., Occupational Medicine
- Leadership – Tara Anderson, R.N., Acute Care Services
The hospital was named the #1 Consumer Choice hospital in Lake and Kenosha counties for 2007/2008 by National Research Corporation. Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital has earned this honor three years in a row for having the best doctors, best nurses, best image and reputation, and best overall quality.