Northwestern Medicine expands Advanced Lung Disease Clinic to Northern Suburbs
Northwestern Medicine Glenview Outpatient Center March 16, 2017
CHICAGO, IL – Northwestern Medicine Advanced Lung Disease Clinic has expanded pulmonary services to Glenview. This multidisciplinary team of pulmonologists and cardiologist will be providing care for patients with pulmonary disease. Appointments will be offered at Northwestern Medicine Glenview Outpatient Center located on 2701 Patriot Blvd once a week.
“This could not be a better time for providing pulmonary services to the northern suburbs,” said Hector R. Cajigas, MD, Clinical Practice Director, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Northwestern Medicine. “Instead of our patients having to drive all the way to Chicago for appointments, they will instead have better access closer to home for consultations and follow-up appointment for advanced lung disease.”
The Advanced Lung Disease Clinic will initially be providing sub-specialty care on a rotating basis each Friday. Northwestern Medical Group physicians will be focusing on one specialty each week including interstitial lung disease, cystic fibrosis/bronchiectasis, pulmonary hypertension and lung transplant.
Physicians on staff at the Advanced Lung Disease Clinic in Glenview include:
- Sangeeta Bhorade, MD, pulmonologist specialized in lung transplantation and interstitial lung disease
- Hector R. Cajigas, MD, pulmonologist, specialized in pulmonary hypertension
- Michael Cuttica, MD, pulmonologist, specialized in pulmonary hypertension
- Jane Dematte D’Amico, MD, pulmonologist, specialized in interstitial lung disease
- Manu Jain, MD, pulmonologist, expert in cystic fibrosis/bronchiectasis
- Michelle Prickett, MD, pulmonologist, specialized in cystic fibrosis/bronchiectasis
- Rishi Raj, MD, pulmonologist specialized in interstitial lung disease
- Stuart Rich, MD, cardiologist, expert in cardiopulmonary hypertension
According to reports from the American Lung Association*, an estimated 904,648 adults suffer from asthma, 570,904 suffer from COPD and 8,664 have been diagnosed with lung cancer in Illinois.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked 17th in the nation for best pulmonary programs according to U.S. News & World Report and is ranked the number one hospital in the state of Illinois. To schedule an appointment, please call 312.695.1800 or visit the Northwestern Medicine Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine for more information.
Learn more about Northwestern Medicine.