Northwestern Medicine offers comprehensive evaluations and treatments for a full range of behavioral health disorders in teens and adults. Our specialists provide research-based treatments, care that’s tailored to your individual needs, one-on-one therapy and family involvement in the treatment process.
Northwestern Medicine offers coordinated inpatient and outpatient care to help you overcome emotional and mental health issues, substance abuse and addiction so you can lead a productive, healthy life. Specialized services include:
- Treatment programs for teens and adults
- Co-occurring services for adults facing both emotional issues and substance abuse
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)—a new alternative technology to treat severe depression
- Psychiatric subspecialties in addiction, geriatrics and forensics
For individuals suffering from behavioral health issues, Northwestern Medicine also offers a wide variety of support groups to meet your specific needs.
Learning the warning signs of emotional problems or substance abuse is the first step to getting the care you need. If you suspect a problem with yourself or someone you love, contact your physician.
- Adjustment Disorders
- Aging Mental Health Issues
- Alcohol Abuse
- Attention Deficit Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Addiction
- Eating Disorders
- Gender Identity Issues
- Marital Problems
- Memory Disorders
- Neurobehavioral Issues
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders
- Pornography Addiction
- Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders
- Sexual Problems/Disorders
- Technology Overuse and Addiction
- Women's Health Issues
- Brief Psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Couples Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Extended Consultation for Treatment-resistant Mood, Anxiety and Psychotic Disorders
- Family Therapy
- Forensic Consultation
- Group Therapy
- Inpatient Psychiatric Care
- Long-Term Psychotherapy
- Neuropsychological Evaluation and Testing
- Northwestern Medicine Deep Brain Stimulation
- Psychiatric Diagnostic Assessments
- Psychopharmacology Treatment
- Suboxone Therapy
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- The Patient Channel*: The Patient Channel gives you access to more than 600 educational videos to help you better manage a variety of medical conditions and maintain a healthy lifestyle. To access the Patient Channel, simply follow the link and insert the appropriate hospital access code: Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital (00649) or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital (00846).
- National Institute on Drug Abuse*: Get the facts about drugs commonly abused and find resources for recovery.
- National Institute of Mental Health*: Learn about mental health issues and get the facts about the latest treatments.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration*: Learn about prevention of mental illness and substance abuse.
- American Psychological Association*: Get the latest on psychological news, topics, education, research and publications. Check out the psychological help center.
- Web MD*: Boost your knowledge about mental health conditions and symptoms.
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness*: Get important information on treatment, research and advocacy programs.