Colorectal Cancer Care in Downtown Chicago
Digestive Health Center
Northwestern Medicine Digestive Health Center offers an extensive colorectal cancer screening program that includes advanced colonoscopic imaging for early cancer detection, as well as state-of-the-art endoscopic approaches to colon polyp removal, including:
- Minimally invasive surgery for colon and rectal cancer
- Sphincter-sparing surgery for rectal cancer
- Advanced and complicated surgery for colorectal cancer
- Complex re-operative surgery for colon and rectal cancer
- Multi-disciplinary (team) management of advanced colon and rectal cancer
- Hereditary cancer (Lynch syndrome and HNPCC) and polyp syndromes (FAP, MYH and Serrated polyposis)
- Anal cancer and dysplasia (pre-cancer)
- Benign and malignant tumors of the small bowel and appendix
- Surgery to correct complications related to prior surgery
Our comprehensive program is rated among the top gastroenterology and GI surgery specialty centers in the country 2017—2018 U.S. News & World Report.*
Digestive Diseases Research Program
The Digestive Diseases Research Program is dedicated to finding new treatments for gastrointestinal disorders. Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine work together on clinical trials in gastroenterology, National Institutes of Health (NIH)* funded investigations and research into endoscopy and hepatology treatments for patients with GERD, Barrett's esophagus and other digestive disorders.
The Digestive Diseases Research Program facilities include:
- Expanded endoscopy lab: Our endoscopy lab will be expanding and services will be offered in both our current location in Galter Pavilion and our new location in Lavin Pavilion. If you are scheduled for an endoscopy, the phone reminder you will receive seven days before your procedure will notify you of the location.
- A world-class environment: This building was designed to create an exceptional experience for patients and physicians. The welcoming environment is supported by advanced technology and access to medical services throughout Northwestern Medicine.
- Further integrated patient care experience: From clinic appointments and procedures to diagnostic tests and follow-up care in nutrition and counseling services, we provide a multidisciplinary approach to digestive health care.