What services are provided at Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute?
Northwestern Medicine Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute is a nationally recognized destination for those requiring highly specialized cardiovascular care. Our cardiovascular physicians and staff are committed to providing outstanding, comprehensive care for the cardiac and vascular patient.
In 2019-20, U.S. News & World Report named the cardiovascular program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital a top ten Cardiology and Heart Surgery program in the United States—a reflection of the leading-edge cardiac and vascular services we offer and the results we obtain for our patients, their families and the region we serve.
Cardiovascular clinical centers
Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute is comprised of six clinical centers:
- Center for Coronary Artery Disease
- Center for Heart Failure
- Center for Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Center for Heart Valve Disease
- Center for Preventive Cardiology
- Center for Vascular Disease
Cardiovascular clinical programs
What sets us apart is that we continue to evolve and create niche clinical programs for patients with complex disorders such as those with:
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Bicuspid Aortic Valve Disease
- Cardiovascular Bridge Program
- Cardiovascular Genetics
- Carotid Artery Disease
- Heart Failure
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Thoracic Aortic Aneurysms
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Therapies
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Therapies
- Transcatheter Tricuspid Valve Therapies
Cardiovascular clinical research
Researchers at Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute conduct clinical research trials on all aspects of heart and vascular disease. The following locations within Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute are currently conducting clinical trials and recruiting volunteers:
- Clinical Trials Unit of Northwestern University
- Clinical trials at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital
- Clinical trials FAQ
Cardiovascular clinical outcomes
Our goal at Northwestern Medicine Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute is to achieve superior results for all of our patients and to help them return to normal activities while improving their overall quality of life. We believe that clinical outcomes should be a major consideration in helping patients and referring physicians decide where to seek and refer care.