Kishwaukee Hospital Blood Drives
Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital Blood Drives
The Northwestern Medicine blood drives continue to make a difference in the blood supply, but with less than a half day's supply of group O blood available in Illinois, Versiti Blood Center of Illinois is in urgent need for blood donors in Illinois.
- Participants can donate whole blood every 56 days.
- Donors must wait 48 hours after receiving a COVID-19 vaccination before donating blood.
- Donors can donate blood two weeks or more after the onset of COVID-19 symptoms or two weeks after the date of a COVID-19 test with positive results.
- Donors should be free of symptoms, including no fever, for at least 24 hours without fever-reducing medication before donating.
- A photo ID is required for every donor.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has updated its eligibility guidelines for blood donors, which means there are now more people who are eligible to donate blood. View the updated guidelines on the FDA's website.
Upcoming Blood Drives
Kishwaukee Hospital — Roberts Conference Center 4 & 5