Mind Body Syndrome
The Northwestern Medicine Osher Center for Integrative Medicine has specialists interested in the mind-body connection, or Mind Body Syndrome (MBS).
These integrative medicine specialists have trained with renowned physicians in the field of mind-body pain management and have an understanding of the significant emotional component to such chronic conditions as:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
The Center offers a four-week course in the area of MBS for patients who believe that the power of the mind can play a part in helping to heal the symptoms in their bodies.
All patients who are interested in a mind-body evaluation can contact the center for a consultation. During this consultation, the patient's medical history will be explored, with particular attention to episodes of severe pain and any stressful events or emotions that may have accompanied those episodes.
- Osher Center for Integrative Medicine
- Fitness and Wellness Classes at Northwestern Memorial Hospital: Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers classes, programs and support groups throughout the year to help you live a healthier life.
- About Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern University
- About Integrative Health
- Osher Membership
- Education Opportunities (Internships, Students, Fellowships etc.)
- Research Program