Lose weight fast and build healthier routines that last with HMR® (Health Management Resources), a clinically proven diet and lifestyle-change program specially designed to help people who want to lose a lot of weight.
More than just a diet, all-inclusive HMR plans also provide the education, support, and accountability to help you make and keep healthier lifestyle habits.
Fast, motivating, weight loss
For the past four years, U.S. News & World Report has ranked the program created by HMR and offered by Northwestern Medicine as a No. 1 Best Fast Weight-Loss Diet.* Losing weight quickly is motivating, and can help you stick to the diet longer.
How the program works
- Lose weight quickly: Take a break from food decisions and stay full with a nutritionally complete plan using HMR weight loss foods. (Fruits and vegetables included on some plans.)
- Learn new skills: Using the principles of behavioral science, learn how to make new routines around healthier eating and physical activity.
- Get coaching and support: Weekly classes, digital resources, and a mobile app provide extra support and accountability.
- Maintain after the diet: Reduce reliance on HMR foods and transition to a long-term healthy eating plan.
Now more options—lose weight here, or at home
Choose the weight loss option that works best for you. Join us for weekly meetings, or do the program on your own at home with delivery of HMR foods and materials (available with or without group phone coaching).
HMR’s premier program offers the fastest weight loss and highest level of support.
- Average weight loss: 43–66 lbs. in 12–26 weeks1
- Medical supervision if needed
- Inspiration and connection with fellow members through weekly classes
- Extra insights and follow-up from your Health Coach each week
- A team of weight management professionals dedicated to your success. This team includes:
- Health educators
- Registered dietitians
- Nurse practitioner
- Medical assistant
Start your weight loss journey
Attend one of our free information sessions to learn more. You’ll learn about diet options and what to except when you start the program. You’ll also have the opportunity to sample HMR foods. Register for an upcoming session or call 847.802.7046.
If your schedule makes it difficult to attend weekly, lose weight at home with the Healthy Solutions® plan:
- Average weight loss: 23 lbs. at 12 weeks, 28 lbs. at 26 weeks2
- Convenient home delivery of HMR foods and program materials
- Weekly group coaching by phone (optional)
- Digital support through the HMR app to stay on track
We partner with HMR’s national team of Health Coaches to deliver the at-home program. When you use the link below and join the at-home plan or purchase HMR foods online, HMR will associate you with our program. Click here to learn more.
Northwestern Medicine is an official licensee of the HMR Program, a non-surgical, clinic-based diet that U.S News & World Report has named a “Best Diet for Weight Loss”. U.S. News & World Report’s Best Diets 2019 panel of nutrition experts ranked the HMR Program, which Northwestern Medicine licenses, but did not evaluate any products or services of Northwestern Medicine itself.
1Clinic results (in-person): Average weight loss is 43–66 lbs. for the Decision-Free® plan with medical supervision, and 28–37.5 lbs. for the Healthy Solutions® plan, based on research studies conducted in people who completed between 12–26 weeks.
2At-home results: Average weight loss for the Healthy Solutions at Home® program with phone coaching is 23 lbs. at 12 weeks and 28 lbs. at 26 weeks for those who completed the program. (This is also available as a digital plan without phone support.)