Kishwaukee Hospital Nurse Practitioner Student Application Informational Page
Northwestern Medicine is a highly sought organization for Nurse Practitioner students to obtain clinical hours. We are pleased that you have selected us.
We place students at Northwestern Medicine Kishwaukee Hospital.
Northwestern Medicine is recognizing the increase in students in Nurse Practitioner programs. With that in mind, we have created a placement program that aligns with our organization's mission and philosophy.
Before completing the application, please review the below information to confirm that you meet the qualifications.
- Northwestern Medicine staff will receive priority over non-Northwestern Medicine staff
- Northwestern Medicine students planning to graduate at the conclusion of the current application semester will be given priority
- Submission of application does not guarantee placement as requests typically exceed availability
- Women's Health and Pediatric placements are not always available
- It is recommended that applicants pursue alternate placement opportunities in the event Northwestern Medicine cannot accommodate
Timeline for Applications (dates are subject to change without notice)
- Applications accepted: March 1–April 30, 2018
- Submit for Fall, Summer, Winter, Spring
- Application Review: May 1–31, 2018
- Applicant Interviews: June 1–30, 2018
- Students Notified of Placement: July 1, 2018