Why Choose Us
Northwestern Medicine facilities offer access to world-class patient care across the greater Chicagoland area and Northern Illinois. Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the #1 hospital in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report, our clinical and administrative staff and medical and science faculty come together every day with a shared commitment to superior quality, academic excellence, scientific discovery and patient safety.
With Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, we’re dedicated to consistently providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-focused care. We seek to improve the health of the communities, individuals, family and friends we serve by delivering a broad range of services with leading medicine and compassion. Because what makes us better, makes you better.
The information provided below is a comprehensive list of charges for each inpatient and outpatient service or item provided by this hospital, also known as a charge master. Please keep the following in mind:
- Hospital charge data is being provided as part of a federal regulatory policy mandated by the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- Hospital charge data is not representative of a patient’s expected out-of-pocket costs. Because each patient’s case is different based on specific medical conditions, the actual amount owed by a patient will depend on that patient's insurance coverage.
- Hospital charge data is the amount a hospital bills an insurer for a service. In the vast majority of cases, however, hospitals are reimbursed by insurance companies and Medicare/Medicaid at a rate that is considerably less than the amount charged.
- Patients should talk with their insurance provider (or the hospital financial services staff) to understand which costs will be covered, and which will be the patient's responsibility.
For more information about the cost of your care, please see the resources on our Billing and Insurance Page.
Unique Boutique Gift Shop
Phone orders for delivery to patients are welcome by calling during gift shop hours, call 815.786.8484 ext. 253230.
The gift shop features:
- Plush baby items and animals for all ages
- Home decorating items
- Seasonal decorations
- Baby gifts
- Toys and books
- Jewelry and watches
- Purses, bags and wallets
- Candy and snacks
Gift Shop Hours:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays
Northwestern Medicine Valley West Hospital Auxiliary offers college scholarships to students pursuing a degree or certification in a healthcare-related field, such as nursing, applied health or pharmacy. Please click here for more information and to download an application.
Spiritual Care Services
A nondenominational chapel is located on the first floor of Outpatient Services and is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Chapel is located around the corner from the Main Lobby.