Volunteer at Northwestern Medicine Huntley, McHenry or Woodstock Hospitals
Volunteer at Huntley, McHenry or Woodstock Hospital
Northwestern Medicine Huntley, McHenry and Woodstock Hospital departments and programs benefit from the work of volunteers because our volunteers are motivated people and make a difference to our patients, visitors and staff.
Ways to Volunteer
Volunteers assist in many areas, including:
- Reception Desks
- Patient Transport (within the hospitals)
- Office duties
- Thrift Shop
- Delivering newspapers and flowers
- Cafeteria assistance
- Caring Paws Animal-Assisted Therapy
Where to Volunteer
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Huntley Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital
- Northwestern Medicine Gavers Breast Center
- Northwestern Medicine Immediate Care Centers
- Northwestern Medicine Rehabilitation Services
- Northwestern Medicine McHenry Hospital Sage Cancer Center
- Pink Door Thrift Shop- McHenry
Adult Volunteer Program
Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old and not enrolled in school. Once an application is submitted, the applicant will be invited to interview with the Volunteer Services Department. The interview helps introduce the applicant to all the information and education necessary to begin service. The Department of Volunteer Services works hard to match interests and abilities to department needs. It should be noted that applying to the volunteer program and attending the volunteer orientation at Northwestern Medicine does not automatically guarantee acceptance and/or placement into the program. Placing volunteers is an intricate process involving many variables, which we take into consideration.
Please call the Department of Volunteer Services at 815.759.4334 for more information.