Specialists and Care Centers
Bicuspid Aortic Valve Specialists and Care Centers
Northwestern Medicine offers comprehensive care for bicuspid aortic valve through The Martha and Richard Melman Family Bicuspid Aortic Valve Program.
The Martha and Richard Melman Family Bicuspid Aortic Valve Program is the first to offer support to patients and families affected by bicuspid aortic valve (BAV), through screening, monitoring, family assessment, treatment and research from diagnosis to surgery and beyond.
Our cardiologists and cardiac surgeons offer highly sophisticated treatment options for people with BAV, ranging from medical therapy to highly advanced surgical interventions. Clinical care from board-certified cardiologists and cardiac surgeons specializing in heart valve disease includes:
- Coordination of care with your local physicians, including providing updates on your care and progress
- Monitoring and evaluation of your BAV through the use of ECHO, CT scan and MRI testing
- Advanced diagnostic 4D flow MRI, giving highly detailed and advanced non-invasive images of your valve and aorta
- An invitation for your first-degree relatives to participate in the program due to the hereditary nature of BAV
- Access to ongoing, state-of-the-art research specifically for BAV patients and their families