Northwestern Medicine is committed to providing a hospitable environment for all.
Accessible Family Bathrooms
Locations of single-user restrooms: Private, accessible bathrooms are located on the main floor of Galter Pavilion (675 N. St. Clair St). All main floor hospital bathrooms are accessible.
Accessible Parking and valet parking options are available in locations across the NMH campus. Please refer to the parking garages map and information below for guidance on available accessible locations.
Valet Locations, $25 (0-7 hours), $35 (7-24 hours)
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital: 251 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611
- Lavin Family Pavilion: 259 E. Erie St. Chicago, IL 60611
- Prentice Women's Hospital: 250 E. Superior St. Chicago, IL 60611
Accessible self-park locations lot, $12 (0-7 hours), $26 (7-24 hours)
- A: 222 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611, 7' height restriction, use second floor bridge to Prentice Women's Hospital and Galter, Feinberg, Arkes Pavilions
- B: 259 E. Erie St. Chicago, IL 60611, 7'3" height restriction, accessible to Lavin Family Pavilion
- C: 321 E. Ontario St. Chicago, IL 60611, 6'10" height restriction, use second floor bridge to Lavin Family Pavilion and Galter, Feinberg, Arkes Pavilions
- D: 321 E. Ontario St. Chicago, IL 60611 (entrance is east of lot C), 6'10" height restriction, no bridge access to facilities
Parking rates are subject to change without notice.
Wheelchairs and Patient Escort
Wheelchairs are available at the main entry areas of the hospital campus. If you will need assistance, such as sighted guide or wheelchair assist, please contact Volunteer Services at least 48 hours in advance of your request. In addition, if you requested assistance and no longer need help, please notify Volunteer Services at least 24 hours ahead of your planned appointment time.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9 am-3 pm
Language Interpreters and Resources for Hard of Hearing
Northwestern Medicine is committed to inclusive care, and will provide free aids and services to patients and their companions with disabilities, as well as free and confidential language services to patients and companions whose preferred language for healthcare communications is not English, to ensure effective communication regarding patient care.
Requests for sign language and other language interpreters, written information in other forms and languages or aids, and services to accommodate patients or companions with disabilities should be directed to the following:
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Patient Relations Department
Patient Relations Phone: 312.926.3112
Interpretation Services Phone: 312.926.2521
For information about disability and foreign language services at Lake Forest Hospital, click here.
A Service Animal is welcome in most areas of the hospital that are open to the public, such as the gift shop or an exam room.
- A Service Animal is any dog, or in some circumstances a miniature horse, that is trained to help a person with a disability.
- A Service Animal is not allowed in sterile areas, such as an operating room, or areas where infections need to be especially avoided, such as a stem cell transplant unit.
If you have any questions, please ask Patient Relations: