Medical bills, insurance forms and other related paperwork can often appear complex and confusing. Find the answers you need for your billing questions.
- 1. Complete medical insurance:
- 2. Co-payments:
- 3. Billing your insurance:
- 4. Patient statement:
- 5. Additional bills:
- 6. Payment options:
- 7. Pay your bill with the MyNM Patient Portal:
- 8. Financial assistance programs:
- 9. Estimated hospital charges:
- 10. Your Rights and Protections Against Surprise Medical Bills
Northwestern Medicine accepts personal checks, money orders, debit cards and most major credit cards. Additionally, payments can be made online. View online payment options.
We ask that your balances be paid within 30 days of billing. If you need to make alternative arrangements, please call patient financial services at 855.694.2866.
MyNM Patient Portal bill pay provides patients with convenient, easy–to–use and secure access to billing statements and online bill payment. If you do not have a MyNM Patient Portal account, you will need to sign up to use this feature.
MyNM Patient Portal bill pay lets you:
- View your statements
- Check your balance
- Send secure messages to the billing office
- Pay your entire bill
- Pay a portion of your bill
- Pay with your credit or debit card
- Sign up for paperless billing
When you get emergency care or get treated by an out-of-network provider at an in-network hospital or ambulatory surgical center, you are protected from surprise billing or balance billing. Learn more about your rights and protections against surprise medical bills.