Chiropractic medicine is a form of the healing arts specializing in disorders of the spine and related conditions. Chiropractors focus on restoring proper movement to spinal structures in order to keep the body working efficiently. The foundation of a healthy body is maintenance of a strong structure–function relationship between the spine and the body. When this relationship is disrupted, a variety of disorders can ensue.
Why chiropractic medicine?
Conditions most responsive to chiropractic care include:
- Acute low back pain
- Chronic low back pain
- Work-related injuries
- Poor posture
- Intervertebral disk conditions
- Sports injuries
- Spinal arthritis
- Muscular strains
Preparing for your visit
Please bring the following to your first visit.
- Completed Personal and Family History and Chiropractic Intake Forms, or arrive 30 minutes early to fill out
- Past medical records and any X-rays or MRI studies that relate to your situation
- All your medications and supplements in their original bottles (or a typed list of these items)
- Your questions, concerns and goals for your visit
The frequency of your care depends on the duration and severity of your condition. Long–standing conditions, which may have been developing for many years, may take several weeks or months to treat. Your doctor will advise you regarding the suggested frequency of your treatment based on their ongoing assessments and clinical practice guidelines.
- Mindy Cramer, DC, CCEP, FACO
- Osher Center for Integrative Medicine Chiropractic Services
- Fitness and Wellness Classes at Northwestern Memorial Hospital: Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers classes, programs and support groups throughout the year to help you live a healthier life.
- About Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern University
- About Integrative Health
- Osher Membership
- Education Opportunities (Internships, Students, Fellowships etc.)
- Research Program