Cardiopulmonary Exercise Stress Test
A cardiopulmonary exercise stress test evaluates your heart, lungs and muscle response to exercise. It provides important information about what limits your ability to exercise and answers treatment-related questions such as:
- How do you compare to other people of your same age and gender?
- Are you efficient in your exercise?
- Do your heart and lungs respond normally to exercise?
With this data, your physician may be better able to diagnose and treat your symptoms. As needed, it can also assist in setting exercise guidelines.
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Stress Testing Brochure: Learn more about the preparations and care needed before and after this procedure. English | Spanish
- Regular Treadmill Exercise Stress Test Brochure: Learn more about the preparations and care needed before and after this procedure. English | Spanish