Symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
The symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) can vary depending on the degree of obstruction of urine flow. Commonly, these symptoms include:
- A weak stream
- Longer time needed to empty your bladder
- Difficulty starting to urinate and possibly a stuttering stream
- Frequent urination
- Increased need to urinate, including during the night
- Inability to empty the bladder completely
- Urine dribbling towards the end of urination
BPH can also cause nocturia (excessive urination at night).
Symptoms of BPH may suggest a more serious condition and should be evaluated by a urologist.