Staying active when the weather keeps you inside can be challenging. But being indoors can be the perfect time to try something different.
- Turn errands and tasks into 10 minute walks and try to take three throughout the day
- Climb all the stairs you can
- Sit on a stability ball instead of a traditional chair
- Find a fitness class – yoga is good for stress-release
- Try a new fitness DVD from the library
- Make-up your own exercise circuit to do at home
- Spring clean in any season - active housework with constant movement, such as mopping, vacuuming or rearranging closets, burns calories
Remember, just a few minutes of exercise every day can make a difference in the way you feel and look all year long.
– Matthew D. Jones, MD, orthopaedic surgeon, Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital