When the Kane County Health Department announced in 2009 that its child immunization program was in grave danger of losing funding, Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital embraced the opportunity to meet this critical need. Today, we vaccinate more than 1,800 children per year at the Vaccine Clinic.
Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) and Delnor Hospital offer immunizations to children who meet certain requirements at no charge. The Vaccine Clinic is held several times a month at Delnor Hospital.
Children must meet one of the following “Vaccines for Children” requirements for participation:
- Medicaid coverage
- Uninsured/no health insurance
Appointments are required. To schedule your visit, call 630.208.3999, TTY for hearing impaired 630.933.4833. If you would like detailed information about the Clinic or have questions, call 630.208.3997.
Vaccine Clinic appointments are limited. Plan ahead and schedule early.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Prior to your appointment, you will need to provide a record of the child’s past immunizations
- Older children (adolescents) are required to have a physician order for the HPV immunization series
- Infants and school-aged children (kindergartners) do not need to have a physician order
- CDH and Delnor Hospital follow Centers for Disease Control – Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices guidelines and recommendations
Learn more about vaccine clinics at CDH and Delnor Hospital: