Addiction and Substance Abuse Services at Central DuPage Hospital
The national increase in opioid use is worsening the toll that substance abuse takes on individuals and families struggling with addiction. To meet this need, Behavioral Health at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital is now offering additional services to increase access to quality care and support long-term recovery.
- Expansion: Inpatient Detox and Residential programs (adults)
- Addiction Medicine Physicians serving Outpatient as well as Inpatient Addiction Services patients
- Psychiatry consultation for appropriate patients with co-occurring disorders
- Medical Professionals teaching Patient Education groups:
- Physician-led: Suboxone® and Naltrexone
- Nurse-led: Opioid-Overdose Prevention
- Community Health: Smoking Cessation and Resources
Phone assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Assessments are by appointment only. To schedule an assessment or inquire about services, call 630.933.4000.
An Individualized and Integrated Approach
- Full range of Medical Detox, Inpatient and Outpatient treatment options
- Intake evaluation team trained in American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) criteria to make treatment recommendations
- Behavioral, emotional, social and work-related issues are addressed with a variety of treatment modalities
- Individual, Group and Family Therapy with psycho-educational component
- Co-occurring treatment to address addiction, mental health issues and behavioral addictions
- Medication-assisted treatment available to manage withdrawal symptoms and support recovery
- Multidisciplinary team of licensed therapists, nurses and psychiatrists and addiction medicine physicians
- Continuing care therapy groups and on-site 12-step group support
Our Continuum of Care
Inpatient detoxification and residential treatment services
Drug or alcohol abuse and addiction can take a toll on your relationships, family life, work, health and overall well-being. Northwestern Medicine offers you the complete care and individual attention you need to break the cycle of addiction and regain control of your life. You’ll find a full range of outpatient and residential treatment options, along with continued counseling to support long-term recovery.
- A team of addiction specialists (physicians, social workers and certified addiction counselors)
- Coordination of all treatment and support services
- Educational programs to offer tools and insights for healthier functioning
- Co-occurring treatment to address combined addiction and mental health issues
- Suboxone® treatment for narcotic (heroin and prescription drugs) or opiate addiction
After you are stabilized and discharged, your physician may refer you to the Adult Partial Hospital Day Program at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital for continuing treatment to support optimal recovery.
Medical Detoxification and Inpatient Residential (Severe Symptoms)
- Around-the-clock nursing care
- Medication for ease of withdrawal
- Introduction to the 12-step abstinence-based model
- Education and therapy groups (once patient is feeling better)
Outpatient Services (Moderate Symptoms)
- Full day and half day programs (PHP or IOP) as determined by clinical assessment
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Psychiatric consultation for co-occurring mental health issues
- Continuing care therapy and 12-step support groups for ongoing recovery
Behavioral health services for professionals
If you’re a professional in a high-accountability position and struggling with substance abuse or addiction, Northwestern Medicine has specialized care to help you recover and return to your career and your life. Here, you’ll find a wealth of excellent services and support, including research-based treatments to address drug or alcohol problems and any secondary mental health issues you may face.
Our experienced addiction specialists bring you individualized treatment plans and research-based therapies in a confidential, healing environment. Treatment includes one-on-one and group therapy, as well as individual and family education to help you work through problems and find the tools for long-term recovery. Treatment options are individualized for people in high-responsibility careers, including:
- Physician assistants
- Business executives
With your approval and if appropriate, Northwestern Medicine specialists will communicate with your employer and provide regular updates on your progress as you journey toward recovery. After your treatment, we offer a continuing care program specifically designed for professionals. We focus on maintaining your licensure and returning you to work in a full capacity.
Help is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. For information or to schedule a confidential evaluation, call 630.933.4000.
Meet the Team
Meet the Western Suburbs Substance Abuse and Addiction Team