Are you concerned that you or someone you love has a drinking problem? Honest answers to this quiz can help determine if you are still in control or are being controlled by alcohol.
- Do you miss work because of drinking?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Is drinking affecting your reputation?
- Do you have financial problems related to your drinking?
- Do you lower your personal standards when it comes to companionship and environment when you are drinking?
- Does drinking make you less responsive to your family’s needs?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definite time of the day?
- Do you want to drink in the morning, after drinking the previous night?
- Do you have trouble sleeping because of drinking?
- Are you less efficient since you began drinking?
- Does your drinking affect your job?
- Do you drink to avoid problems or feelings?
- Do you drink alone?
- Have you ever had a "blackout" while drinking and cannot remember what you have said or done?
- Have you seen a physician because of your drinking?
- Does drinking give you more self-confidence?
- Have you ever been hospitalized or treated for drinking?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, consider it a warning that a problem may be starting. If you answered “yes” to two or more questions, consider seeking help. Northwestern Medicine offers complete, personalized care to help put you on the road to recovery.