At Northwestern Medicine, our mission is to be your partner in a lifelong journey of breast care. This means we are here every step of the way—which includes:
- Disease prevention
- Cancer screening
- Management of treatment options
- Post-treatment healing
- Return to wellness
Why choose NM for your Cancer Care
Northwestern Medicine’s breast cancer specialists in Chicago and the northern and western suburbs are some of the Chicago area’s leading breast care specialists.
We help you navigate the best care plan for your needs, with a team of board-certified physicians, radiologists, nurses and technologists who bring clinical excellence and compassionate care in breast cancer screening and treatment.
Your multidisciplinary breast cancer treatment team may include:
- Breast cancer surgeon
- Medical oncologist
- Radiation oncologist
- Palliative medicine physician
- Social worker
- Advanced practice nurses
- Breast cancer and lymphedema rehabilitation therapist
Our physicians are dedicated to every aspect of breast cancer and disease:
- Breast cancer surgery
- Evaluation of abnormal mammograms, breast ultrasounds and MRIs
- Evaluation of breast pain, nipple discharge and fibrocystic disease
- In-office breast ultrasound
- Risk evaluation: Genetic testing and counseling
- Second opinions
- Treatment of breast infections and abscesses
- Treatment of breast masses and cysts
- Ultrasound guided breast biopsy and stereotactic biopsy
At Northwestern Medicine cancer centers, you have access to surgeons exclusively focused on breast cancer and breast disease as well as a complete range of radiation treatments, including short-course treatment options for those with early-stage breast cancer.
Our high-tech facilities are right in your community, so you won’t need to travel far for breast cancer expertise.