Specialists and Care Centers
Sarcoma Specialists and Care CentersNorthwestern Medicine offers comprehensive, compassionate care in modern, patient-centered facilities. Your multidisciplinary care team includes:
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical cancer specialists
- Oncology nurses
- Oncology nurse practitioners
- Social workers
In some cases, your team may also include:
- A plastic or reconstructive surgeon
- A physical therapist
- A rehabilitation specialist
Side effects from sarcoma treatment can impact your quality of life and your body’s ability to respond to treatment. Northwestern Medicine cancer centers are home to a diverse team of palliative medicine specialists who work with your oncologist to help relieve your pain and manage your symptoms. The palliative medicine specialists offer:
- Treatment of pain and other physical symptoms of cancer, such as fatigue, nausea, trouble sleeping, poor appetite, breathing difficulties and weight loss
- Treatment of emotional symptoms, such as depression and anxiety
- Improvement of your body’s ability to tolerate cancer treatments
- Help to better understand tests, procedures and options
- Guidance for you and those who care for you to helpful outside resources
From your initial diagnosis throughout your care, the palliative medicine team can help you remain strong in your fight against cancer and feel better, every step of the way.
If you are battling sarcoma, LivingWell Cancer Resource Center, part of Northwestern Medicine, can be a vital component of your treatment and recovery. LivingWell serves as a gathering place providing comfort and community to anyone experiencing the effects of cancer. The LivingWell staff works to ensure that you and your family feel less isolated, better informed, more hopeful and empowered to take on the challenge of facing cancer.
Cancer care centers
Battling cancer is a multistep journey that may require many visits. During treatment, you need to devote your energy to getting healthy, not getting to the next appointment. That’s why treatment and support services at Northwestern Medicine are conveniently located throughout Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, so you can get quick access to all the expertise and support you need, close to home.
Find location and contact information for our cancer treatment centers below.