Diabetes Education and Resources
Below are diabetes educational resources, references and support materials to help you understand and manage diabetes.
Managing diabetes on a sick day
This 3-D medical animation explains why diabetes patients need a sick day plan, and the key steps to take in developing one.
View Video: Managing Diabetes On a Sick Day
Educational and Support Resources
Learn more about diabetes with these resources:
- Family and Friends Pact: Guide to having a good conversation with your family and friends about how best to support your process of dealing with diabetes. Post this on your fridge as a good reminder of your family's commitment of support.
- Travel Tips for Diabetics: Review of what special things diabetics should think about when traveling. Keep it handy in your luggage as a reminder of what to do when you travel.
- Know Your Numbers: Learn the importance of following your “HbA1C” lab value, which is tracked to help measure your diabetes control. Keeping your HbA1C under 7.0 is ideal.
- Checking Your Blood Sugar Level: This 3-D medical animation shows how to check blood glucose (sugar) levels using a glucose meter.
- Injecting Insulin Using a Syringe: This 3-D medical animation shows how to inject insulin using a syringe.
- Using an Insulin Pen: This 3-D medical animation shows how to inject insulin using an insulin pen.
- Treating High Blood Sugar: This 3-D medical animation shows how to treat and manage high blood sugar, called hyperglycemia, for patients with diabetes.
- Treating Low Blood Sugar: This 3-D medical animation shows how to treat and manage low blood sugar, called hypoglycemia, for patients with diabetes.
- High Blood Pressure: This 3-D medical animation depicts the factors that determine blood pressure. It also shows the walls of arteries and how high blood pressure affects them. Treatments for high blood pressure are presented.