Current Visitor Policies
Northwestern Medicine Visitor Policies
Current as of July 28, 2023
Visiting hours are from 8 am to 8 pm at all inpatient facilities, except Northwestern Medicine Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital.
At Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, visiting hours are 10 am to 8 pm.
The following visitor policies are in effect at all Northwestern Medicine facilities.
- Visitors to inpatient facilities must check in at the front desk and wear a visitor badge. They must have no symptoms of illness that can be spread.
- Patients may have up to 2 visitors or companions. If waiting areas are crowded, visitors may be limited to 1 or may be asked to wait in an alternative location.
- In inpatient areas, visitors must be 12 years or older. The patient’s clinical team may make exceptions to this.
- In outpatient locations, visitors younger than 12 must be supervised by a 2nd companion who is 18 or older.
- Outside of visiting hours, patients are allowed 1 overnight visitor.
- Visitors should follow the masking policy as posted.