Current Visitor Policies
Northwestern Medicine Visitor Policies
Current as of October 9, 2023
Visiting hours are 8 am to 8 pm at all inpatient facilities, except:
- At Northwestern Medicine Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Woodstock Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Services visiting hours are 10 am to 8 pm.
- At Northwestern Medicine Behavioral Health Services Woodstock, visiting hours are:
- Tuesday and Thursday, 7 to 8 pm
- Saturday and Sunday, 1 to 2 pm
The following visitor policies are in effect:
- Visitors to all inpatient facilities must check in at the front desk and wear a visitor badge. They must have no symptoms of illness that can be spread.
- In all facilities except Behavioral Health Services Woodstock, patients may have up to 2 visitors or companions. If waiting areas are crowded, visitors may be limited to 1 or may be asked to wait in an alternative location.
- In inpatient areas, visitors must be 12 years or older. The patient’s clinical team may make exceptions to this.
- In outpatient locations, visitors younger than 12 must be supervised by a 2nd companion who is 18 or older.
- Outside of visiting hours, patients are allowed 1 overnight visitor.
- At Behavioral Health Services Woodstock, each patient may have only 1 visitor on the unit at a time. Visitors must be 18 or older.
- All visitors must follow the masking policy as posted.