Nasal Deformities Treatments
Treatment for nasal deformities can include medication to ease symptoms and surgery to repair the structural defect.
Medication may include:
- Analgesics: These over-the-counter medications treat headaches and sinus pain.
- Decongestants: These drugs relieve congestion and reduce swelling of the nasal tissue.
- Antihistamines: While usually used for allergies, antihistamines can also help reduce congestion and dry up a runny nose.
- Steroid sprays: These prescription medications reduce inflammation of the nasal tissue.
Surgical options include:
- Rhinoplasty: This is a reshaping of the nose, performed either for better nasal functioning or for an improved appearance.
- Septoplasty: This is the surgical straightening of the septum, the cartilage and bone that separates the two nasal chambers.
- Closed reduction: This procedure repairs a broken nose without surgery. It is most successful within a week after trauma to the nose.