Specialists and Care Centers
Cytomegalovirus Specialists and Care Centers
The Northwestern Medicine Division of Infectious Disease has been providing quality outpatient care for cytomegalovirus and other infectious diseases since 1978.
Our mission is to provide high-quality care to persons with all types of infections, conduct research to advance medical knowledge to benefit our patients and community and educate the next generation of healthcare providers.
The Division of Infectious Disease offers:
- Comprehensive assessment and medical treatment
- Medication evaluation and teaching by a pharmacist
- Clinical social work services
- Patient/family education
- Home healthcare coordination
- Consultation with a patient’s primary physician
- Clinical research studies
- Infusion therapy services
The Division of Infectious Disease staff includes an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and advanced practice nurses,1 all dedicated to improving the health of those living with acute and chronic infectious diseases.
We are concerned about both the medical aspects of infection and the impact of illness on the emotional wellbeing of patients and their families.