What to Expect at Your Appointments
You will meet with our maternal-fetal medicine physicians during your visits. They will help care for you and your baby during pregnancy. You will also meet our infectious disease physicians who are specially trained in caring for adults and children.
Our services include:
- Pre-conception counseling visits to discuss options for becoming pregnant
- Obstetrical care for pregnant people with HIV, hepatitis or other infections
- Evaluation and treatment to customize your treatment before, during and after pregnancy
- Opportunities to participate in research studies related to pregnancy, newborns and beyond to help scientists better understand HIV, hepatitis or other infections
- Pharmacists on staff who can answer questions about your medications or changes to your medications
You will also meet with our social work team. They can help you with insurance issues, getting medications and food programs (LINK and WIC). They can refer you to case management or mental health resources.
The team may also offer emotional support or a mental health referral for concerns related to:
- Substance use
- Adjustment to HIV diagnosis
- Disclosing your HIV status
- Postpartum mood changes