Specialists and Care Centers
Transplant-Related Infections Specialists and Care Centers
The Northwestern Medicine Division of Infectious Disease provides quality inpatient and outpatient care for transplant-related infections and other infectious diseases.
Our mission is to provide high-quality care to persons with all types of infections, conduct research to advance medical knowledge to benefit our patients and community and educate the next generation of healthcare providers.
The Division of Infectious Disease offers:
- Comprehensive assessment and medical treatment
- Medication evaluation and teaching by a pharmacist
- Clinical social work services
- Patient/family education
- Home healthcare coordination
- Consultation with a patient’s primary physician
- Clinical research studies
- Infusion therapy services
The Division of Infectious Disease staff includes an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists and advanced practice nurses,* all dedicated to improving the health of those living with acute and chronic infectious diseases.
We are concerned about both the medical aspects of infection and the impact of illness on the emotional wellbeing of patients and their families.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Transplant Program
Northwestern Memorial Hospital continues to be the largest and most successful transplant program in Illinois and one of the largest in the Midwest. Our Infectious Disease specialists* work in conjunction with the transplant program to ensure that post-transplant patients receive the most advanced infection control treatment available.
Convenient satellite clinics
In addition to the downtown campus, we are available to see your patients at any one of our six transplant outreach clinics, including:
- Peoria - Servicing central and southern Illinois
- Glenview - Serving the north and northwest suburbs
- Joliet - Serving the south and southwest suburbs
- Winfield - Serving the west and northwest suburbs
- Aurora - Serving the west and northwest suburbs
- Portage, Indiana - Serving northern Indiana and southwest Michigan
Our focus on community outreach benefits patients and their physicians by providing many of the pre-transplant services close to home, convenient accessibility and the experience that affords our patients the opportunity for a successful transplant.
To make an appointment at any of our six satellite clinics, please call 312.695.4837