Insurance and Financial Information
Payment may be expected on the date of service depending on your insurance type and coverage. Please be prepared to provide your current insurance card at the time of your appointment to determine your payment obligation. View insurance information and fees for integrative medicine services.
- Managed Care (HMO, PPO, POS) and Illinois Health Exchange Plans: HMO, PPO, and POS patients are expected to provide a referral for the visit (if required by your plan) and to pay the co–payment specified by the plan at the time of service. Please familiarize yourself with your specific coverage to ensure appropriate collection of co–payments.
- Medicare: Medicare patients are not required to make payment at the time of service. Any deductible or patient responsibility will be determined after billing Medicare.
- Medicaid: Medicaid patients are required to bring their current Public Aid card reflecting coverage eligibility for the appointment date. If you do not have your card, we will request payment of 100 percent of all fees at the time of service.
- Commercial: Commercial patients are expected to pay 20 percent of all fees at the time of service.
- Self–pay: Self–pay patients are expected to pay 100 percent of all fees at the time of service.
When payment is due from the patient, at the time of service, but it is not feasible to predict exact fees, we will ask the patient to make a partial payment of up to $200. Any remaining balance will be billed to the patient.
- Billing inquiries: Contact our Account Inquiry Unit at 844.6.MYBILL (844.669.2455).
- Registration department: For any changes to your name, address, telephone number or insurance coverage contact our office directly: 312.926.DOCS (3627).
- Financial assistance: Patients who are unable to meet the payment expectations outlined above may contact our office to make specific arrangements at 312.695.2262.
- Fitness and Wellness Classes at Northwestern Memorial Hospital: Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers classes, programs and support groups throughout the year to help you live a healthier life.
- About Osher Center for Integrative Medicine at Northwestern University
- About Integrative Health
- Osher Membership
- Education Opportunities (Internships, Students, Fellowships etc.)
- Research Program