For Physicians – Genetic Counseling and Testing for Neurological Disorders
If your patient has symptoms of a neurological condition that may be caused by or linked to a genetic mutation, our experts can help diagnose the suspected disorder, and provide recommendations for treatment in your clinic.
The Neurogenetics Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers comprehensive genetic counseling and testing for patients with neurological conditions.
Conditions of Interest
- Juvenile, early-onset and familial Parkinson’s disease
- Movement disorders specific to individuals of a particular ethnic background
- Early-onset and familial dystonic conditions, including generalized and focal isolated dystonias, myoclonus-dystonia syndromes, paroxysmal dystonias, and DOPA-responsive dystonias
- Familial tremor syndromes
- Chorea disorders, including Huntington disease and Huntington’s-like conditions, and childhood-onset choreas
- Wilson’s disease
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Movement disorders
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
To refer a patient or to request patient materials, contact Carolyn Taylor at 312.695.1822, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.