Specialists and Care Centers
Acute Spinal Cord Injury Specialists and Care Centers
By making use of leading-edge techniques and technology, regenerative- and nanotechnology-based bone graft substitutes, computer-navigated surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery and stereotactic radiosurgery, Northwestern Medicine offers programs for the management of:
- Spinal deformity
- Spine oncology
- Degenerative disk disease
- Failed neck or back surgery syndrome
- Peripheral nerve compression syndromes
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Rheumatologic disorders of the spine
- Spinal fractures and other traumatic injuries
- Work-related injuries
- Sports-related back and neck injuries
Northwestern Medicine specialists1 in the field direct the course of treatment and management of routine disorders of the spine.
Most Northwestern Medicine orthopaedic nurses have earned board certification in orthopaedics to validate their skill, knowledge and abilities to support the best patient outcomes. This is a measure of their knowledge, expertise and commitment.
Northwestern Medicine has also achieved Magnet® recognition2 for excellence in nursing services from the American Nurses Credentialing Center.