Specialists and Care Centers
Myasthenia Gravis Specialists and Care Centers
Northwestern Medicine provides complete diagnostic and treatment services and facilities for patients with all types of respiratory diseases.
Thoracic surgeons treat patients who require surgical solution to diseases and disorders of the chest, including myasthenia gravis.
Northwestern Medicine board-certified thoracic surgeons* have extensive expertise in managing the full spectrum of malignant (cancerous) and benign (non-cancerous) diseases of the lung, chest wall, pleura, mediastinum and esophagus. Your primary care physician or a physician specialist such as a cardiologist, pulmonologist or gastroenterologist may refer you to a thoracic surgeon if they feel that you would receive more effective treatment for a condition affecting the thoracic region.
The Thoracic Surgery Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers the latest surgical procedures for benign and malignant diseases of the chest, including the tracheobronchial tree (airways), lungs, pleura, esophagus, diaphragm, chest wall and mediastinum. Our program is composed of a highly specialized team* that provides integrated care and practices medicine centered on each patient’s unique circumstances, including:
- Comprehensive and seamlessly coordinated care across multiple physician disciplines, with team members from:
- Medical oncology
- Radiation oncology
- Interventional pulmonology
- Thoracic pathology
- Thoracic radiology
- A highly specialized team of nurses, anesthesiologists and support personnel
- Advanced diagnostic technologies
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Convenient and customized patient and family services
- Significant expertise in minimally invasive surgical techniques
- Nationally recognized clinical professionals
- Demonstrated quality outcomes
- Access to novel therapies and clinical trials
- Commitment to collaboration with referring physicians
- Collaboration with pharmaceutical, device and biotechnology companies in clinical trials to improve patient care and advance thoracic science