Specialists and Care Centers

Sjögren Syndrome Specialists and Care Centers

Most people with Sjögren syndrome are treated by a rheumatologist, a doctor who specializes in arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles and bones. However, other specialists may be consulted to help with your diagnosis and to manage complications of the disease.

Northwestern Medicine Rheumatology focuses primarily on the diagnosis and treatment of arthritis and autoimmune diseases, including Sjögren syndrome.

Additional Sjögren syndrome specialists may include:

  • Orthopaedic surgeons
  • Physical rehabilitation specialists
  • Pulmonary, cardiology and nephrology specialists

Improving our patients’ quality of life is one of our goals. To help our patients deal with the sometimes debilitating effects of musculoskeletal problems, arthritis, and autoimmune disorders, we offer a variety of treatments and procedures.


In the spirit of keeping you well-informed, some of the physician(s) and/or individual(s) identified are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Memorial HealthCare or any of its affiliate organizations. They have selected our facilities as places where they want to treat and care for their private patients.


Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital is a collaborative program between Northwestern Memorial HealthCare and Lurie Children's and its affiliated physician groups. The physicians participating in this program are neither agents nor employees of Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital or Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital.