Social work focuses on the complex needs that often accompany a diagnosis of epilepsy and other seizure-related disorders. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, your social worker acts as an advocate for your psychosocial needs.
Your social worker may:
- Offer brief, supportive therapy within the clinic
- Connect you to mental health services in the community
- Advocate for necessary accommodations in school or the workplace
- Provide education related to your disorder
- Answer questions and assist with issues related to insurance, disability, financial barriers, medication and discrimination related to your diagnosis