Social work focuses on the complex needs that often accompany a diagnosis of epilepsy and other seizure-related disorders. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, your social worker acts as an advocate for your psychosocial needs.
Your social worker may:
- Offer brief, supportive therapy within the clinic
- Connect you to mental health services in the community
- Advocate for necessary accommodations in school or the workplace
- Provide education related to your disorder
- Answer questions and assist with issues related to insurance, disability, financial barriers, medication and discrimination related to your diagnosis
Northwestern Memorial Hospital Comprehensive Epilepsy Center259 E. Erie St.Nineteenth FloorChicago, IL 60611place