Consulting / Related Activities
Faculty member engaged in activities such as speaking, advising, consulting, or providing educational programs for the following companies or other entities
- American Board of Obesity Medicine (ABOM)
- American College of Physicians (ACP)
- CME Outfitters, LLC
- CURREX LLC
- Haymarket Media Group
- Medical College of Wisconsin
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Potomac Center for Medical Education (a subsidiary of Rockpointe Corporation)
- Primary Care Education Consortium
- Pri-Med Institute, LLC
- Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
- Springer Publishing Company
- UpToDate, Inc.
- Vindico Medical Education
- WebMD, LLC
- Weight Watchers International, Inc.
- World Obesity Federation
Royalty Payments and Inventor Share
Faculty member has the right to receive payments or may receive future financial benefits for inventions or discoveries related to the following companies or other entities
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Taylor & Francis (Taylor & Francis Group)
- Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. (Wolters Kluwer NV)
External Professional Relationships
Pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies frequently collaborate with basic scientists and physicians within an academic medical center to help advance science and improve patient care. These relationships are important in achieving scientific breakthroughs and in establishing the effectiveness and safety of promising new therapies. In order to assure objectivity in clinical research and patient care, the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg), Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Children's Hospital of Chicago Medical Center, and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab have adopted integrity policies that require research and clinical faculty (in full-time, part-time, and unpaid/voluntary categories) to report compensated and uncompensated external industry relationships. Patients are encouraged to discuss these disclosures with their physician as well as to inquire as to how these relationships are overseen by Feinberg. To learn more about our Disclosure and Professional Integrity Policy, and the conflict of interest policies of our joint affiliate survey partners, please go to our Office for Regulatory Affairs Policies page.