Consulting / Related Activities
Faculty member engaged in activities such as speaking, advising, consulting, or providing educational programs for the following companies or other entities
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Aria CV, Inc.
- Axon Therapies Inc.
- Bayer AG
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Boston Medical Center (BMC)
- Boston Scientific Corporation (includes Guidant Corporation)
- Boston University
- Case Western Reserve University
- Edwards Lifesciences, LLC
- Florida Atlantic University
- Heart Failure Society of America, Inc. (HFSA)
- Houston Methodist Hospital
- IMARA Inc.
- Impulse Dynamics
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Kikaku International (USA) Corporation
- Merck Sharp & Dohme Corporation
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Pri-Med Institute, LLC
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Rivus Pharmaceuticals
- Roche Diagnostics Corporation
- Shifamed LLC
- Southern Illinois University
- Tenaya Therapeutics
- The Lynx Group (TLG)
- Total CME
- University of Pennsylvania (Penn)
- UPMC (affiliated with The University of Pittsburgh Schools of the Health Sciences)
- VCU School of Medicine
Royalty Payments and Inventor Share
Faculty member has the right to receive payments or may receive future financial benefits for inventions or discoveries related to the following companies or other entities
- Wolters Kluwer Health, Inc. (Wolters Kluwer NV)
External Professional Relationships
Pharmaceutical, device, and biotechnology companies frequently collaborate with basic scientists and physicians within an academic medical center to help advance science and improve patient care. These relationships are important in achieving scientific breakthroughs and in establishing the effectiveness and safety of promising new therapies. In order to assure objectivity in clinical research and patient care, the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine (Feinberg), Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, Children's Hospital of Chicago Medical Center, and the Shirley Ryan AbilityLab have adopted integrity policies that require research and clinical faculty (in full-time, part-time, and unpaid/voluntary categories) to report compensated and uncompensated external industry relationships. Patients are encouraged to discuss these disclosures with their physician as well as to inquire as to how these relationships are overseen by Feinberg. To learn more about our Disclosure and Professional Integrity Policy, and the conflict of interest policies of our joint affiliate survey partners, please go to our Office for Regulatory Affairs Policies page.