Why Choose Northwestern Medicine for Emergency Medical Services Training?
The Level II Trauma Centers at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital are an ideal place for EMTs and other first responders to train for real-life emergencies. From the helicopter pad down to the ambulance bays, Northwestern Medicine has made a major commitment to emergency medicine. You’ll find state-of-the-art technology and newly redesigned patient care and diagnostic rooms that maximize caregiver efficiency.
Northwestern Medicine is a regional leader in providing emergency medical and trauma care, with several notable distinctions, including:
- Central DuPage Hospital (CDH) and Delnor Hospital have two of only 61 Level II Trauma Centers in Illinois. Physician specialists are on hand 24/7, along with the skilled staff and advanced technology to handle acute critical care.
- CDH is accredited as a Chest Pain Center with PCI.
- CDH was one of the first medical centers in Illinois to earn the Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center designation by the Joint Commission. CDH receives stroke patient transfers from more than 30 hospitals in Chicago’s western suburbs.
- CDH and Delnor Hospital handle more than 50,000 trauma care patients each year efficiently and successfully.
- CDH and Delnor Hospital have state-of-the-art simulation labs for training EMS providers.
- CDH and Delnor Hospital Paramedic programs are in the process of being accredited. This will allow EMS professionals to test for national licensure.
Programs and continuing education
The Southern Fox Valley EMS System in conjunction with Waubonsee Community College is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, Florida 33756
8301 Lakeview Parkway
Rowlett, Texas 75088
To contact the Central DuPage Emergency Medical Services System, please call 630.933.6910.
To contact the Southern Fox Valley Emergency Medical Services System, please call 630.208.4048, TTY 711.
To find out more about classes offered at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital, contact the Central DuPage Emergency Medical Services System at www.cdhems.com.
To find out more about classes offered at Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital, contact the Southern Fox Valley Emergency Medical Services System (SFVEMSS) at www.sfvems.com.