Northwestern Medicine APRN/PA/MSN/DNP Student Clinical Practicum Requests in the North/Northwest Suburbs
Northwestern Medicine is a highly sought organization for students to obtain practicum hours. We are pleased that you have selected us.
We place students at the following Northwestern Medicine locations:
- Huntley Hospital
- Lake Forest/Grayslake Hospital
- McHenry Hospital
- Woodstock Hospital
- Various ambulatory settings across the region
The application below is only for graduate nursing or PA degree placement requests. If you are seeking pre-licensure program placement (ADN/BSN/MSN), please have your nursing program reach out to the hospital student coordinator.
- Northwestern Medicine staff will receive priority over non-Northwestern Medicine staff.
- Only applicants attending schools with a current affiliation agreement with Northwestern Medicine will be placed.
- Graduation dates will be considered when selecting applicants for placement.
- Submission of application does not guarantee placement as requests typically exceed availability.
- Women's health, pediatric, and other specialty placements are not always available.
- It is recommended that applicants pursue alternate placement opportunities in the event Northwestern Medicine cannot accommodate the requests.
The committee meets monthly to review applications. Please allow a minimum of 4-8 weeks for a response.