Hours of Operation
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation: 708.923.5536
- TTY: 711
- Cardiac Rehabilitation: 708.923.5188
Northwestern Medicine Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation at Palos Hospital offers an intensive, medically supervised program that combines skilled and credentialed staff with the latest exercise technology to treat a variety of cardiopulmonary conditions.
Parking and Transportation
On-site parking is available 24/7 at no cost for patients and visitors. Please use the entrance off of Parking Lot 4.
The goals of the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program:
- Optimize understanding of disease, medication and treatments
- Decrease participants' feelings of shortness of breath
- Increase level of exercise
- Improve quality of life
- Decrease the stress of living with pulmonary disease
The goals of the Cardiac Rehabilitation Program:
- Return to work and performing activities of daily living
- Reduce angina and fatigue
- Increase ability to exercise
- Improve quality of life and emotional health, including a decrease in anxiety and depression
- Reduce risk of re-hospitalization
- Improve cholesterol levels
The goals of the Supervised Exercise Program for those with symptoms related to peripheral artery disease (PAD):
- Improve blood flow to legs and feet
- Improve pain and limb symptoms
- Increase walking distance
- Improve quality of life and physical abilities
Why Choose Us
Northwestern Medicine facilities offer access to world-class patient care across the greater Chicagoland area and Northern Illinois. Anchored by Northwestern Memorial Hospital, the No. 1 hospital in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report, our clinical and administrative staff and medical and science faculty come together every day with a shared commitment to superior quality, academic excellence, scientific discovery and patient safety.
With Northwestern Memorial HealthCare, we’re dedicated to consistently providing high-quality, cost-effective, patient-focused care. We seek to improve the health of the communities, individuals, family and friends we serve by delivering a broad range of services with leading medicine and compassion. Because what makes us better, makes you better.