To protect our members and to help minimize the potential spread of the COVID-19 (coronavirus 2019), effective at close of business on Tuesday, March 17th we are temporarily closed.
Please understand that we will be monitoring the situation daily and we will notify you as soon as it is appropriate to reopen. We will use this time to conduct a thorough and deep cleaning of the facilities. We will work through applying a credit for your membership dues to cover the period the center is closed.
Outpatient appointments scheduled with Northwestern Medicine staff will be continue unless otherwise notified.
Your safety is our top priority. Please protect your health and safety by remaining informed and vigilant about washing your hands, limiting travel, avoiding others who may be ill and practicing “physical distancing” when in large venues.
Learn more and review the latest information about the virus.
Northwestern Medicine partners with Sun City Residential Community in Huntley to offer the Wellness Center at Sun City, an on-site service that provides health education, screenings and healthcare support to residents of this thriving community in Huntley.
Northwestern Medicine and Sun City Residential Community in Huntley
The Wellness Center at Sun City enables easy access to experienced providers on staff at Northwestern Medicine, which means you don’t have to leave the Sun City residential community to receive healthcare information and assistance.
All Sun City residents are eligible for the Northwestern Medicine programs offered at The Wellness Center, many of which are free. Wellness services available at Sun City include:
- Support groups for diabetes
- Lectures presented by physicians and Associates on staff at Northwestern Medicine
- Personal counseling sessions with a licensed psychologist
- A reference library
- A computer station with a direct link to Northwestern Medicine
- Assistance with physician referrals
- Phlebotomy services
- Consultations with The Wellness Center Medical Director (available every Wednesday)
- A variety of health screenings offered throughout the year
- Free blood pressure screenings
- Walk-in phlebotomy services Monday through Friday
- Medicare Well Checks performed by a nurse practitioner,* including:
- Medical history
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood pressure
- Personalized health advice
*Medicare Well Checks are covered 100 percent by Medicare. Please call for an appointment.
Northwestern Medicine Walk-In Clinic
Located within The Wellness Center is our acute care services location, the Northwestern Medicine Walk-In Clinic.
The Northwestern Medicine Walk-In Clinic provides our community easy, convenient access to the following:
- Diagnosis and treatment, including written prescriptions, for common illnesses such as strep throat, bladder infections, pink eye and infections of the ears, nose and throat
- Common adult vaccinations
- Treatment of minor wounds, joint sprains and skin conditions
The Privilege Plus Membership Program
The Privilege Plus Membership (PPM) program offered by The Wellness Center is a more comprehensive program with additional benefits. For only $35 per year, you receive:
- Personal Wellness Profile Assessment, which provides:
- Muscular strength and endurance test
- Flexibility test
- Body composition test
- Aerobic capacity test
- BMI check
- Waist-to-hip ratio check
- Twenty-page comprehensive report about your current health and lifestyle status based on the results of your tests
- Personalized exercise program that takes into account your abilities and interests.
- Osteoporosis screening
- Early registration for all programs, lectures and screenings
If you would like more information on the wellness services offered at The Wellness Center in Sun City, or if you’re interested in scheduling a visit, call 847.515.2078.