Specialists and Care Centers
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Specialists and Care Centers
The Lois Insolia ALS Clinic at the Les Turner ALS Center* at Northwestern Memorial Hospital is dedicated to the total care of people with ALS. During your visit, you will meet with experts from multiple fields who specialize in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Each member of your dedicated team will provide input and suggestions regarding your unique healthcare needs.
Our dedicated team spends time with patients and their loved ones to explain the disease and current research. In addition, the team takes the time to intervene when dealing with symptoms such as difficulty with speech, swallowing, weight loss, excess salivation, sleeping, breathing, activities of daily life, mobility or pain.
What we offer
- Advanced treatment options and clinical trials.
- Edaravone, the first FDA-approved ALS treatment in 22 years
- Multidisciplinary care that brings together a team of neuromuscular specialists in one clinic.
- Treatment plans tailored to improve your quality of life.
- Comprehensive support for you and your family.
To learn more, or to make an appointment call 312.695.7950. You can also fill out a form and a member of our team will contact you.
For most people with ALS, primary treatment may involve the management of symptoms, and may include physical, occupational, speech, respiratory and nutritional therapies. Members of your care team1 may include:
- Genetic counselors
- Speech language pathologists
There is no cure and no proven treatment for ALS. Our team will work closely with you to help manage your symptoms and maximize the quality of your life.