Comprehensive Care for Neuromuscular Diseases
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Illinois by U.S. News & World Report and is at the forefront of treatment for neuromuscular disorders.
The Northwestern Medicine Neuromuscular Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital provides treatment for a full range of neuromuscular conditions. Our mission is to provide the highest quality care and treatment for patients with neuromuscular disorders, while advancing new therapies and uncovering the causes and cures of neurological diseases.
Our physicians have extensive experience diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disorders and many of them are national leaders in their field. To address the physical, emotional and mental challenges of your disease, our multidisciplinary teams include experts from multiple fields including: Genetic testing, neuropathology, neurophysiology, nutrition, occupational therapy, ophthalmology, pain management, psychiatry, pulmonology, rehabilitation, sleep medicine, social work, and speech therapy.
Meet the Team
Centers and Accreditations
- The Les Turner ALS Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital provides individualized care, local community support and hope for ALS through scientific research.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital is a designated MDA Care Center by the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital is a designated Charcot-Marie-Tooth Association (CMTA) Center of Excellence.
- The Neurological Testing Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital received Accreditation with Exemplary Status by the AANEM Electrodiagnostic (EDX) Laboratory.
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Congenital Myasthenia Syndromes
- Congenital Myopathies
- Cramp-Fasciculation Syndrome
- Elevated Creatine Kinase
- Inclusion Body Myositis
- Lambert-Eaton Syndrome
- Mitochondrial Myopathy
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Muscle Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Neuromuscular Junction Disorders
- Neuromyotonia (Isaacs syndrome)
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
When it comes to neuromuscular disorders, prompt diagnosis and treatment is crucial to ensuring a better quality of life. But because symptoms of neuromuscular disorders overlap and mimic those of other diseases, diagnosis can be difficult and often delayed. The specialists at the Northwestern Medicine Neuromuscular Program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offer the latest diagnostic tools to diagnose neuromuscular diseases.