Specialists and Care Centers
Tourette Syndrome Specialists and Care Centers
The care team at the Northwestern Medicine Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorders Center uses a complete and multidisciplinary approach. They work with you to manage your Tourette syndrome and improve your quality of life.
Your care team may include experts in:
- Social work
As an academic medical center, Northwestern Medicine also has investigational treatments and clinical trials for patients with tic disorders who meet the criteria.
Tourette Association of America Center of Excellence
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is a Tourette Association of America Center of Excellence.
The Center of Excellence (CofE) designation from the Tourette Association of America is for medical institutions that:
- Give the highest level of care for people with Tourette syndrome
- Add to leading-edge research for Tourette syndrome
- Employ leaders in the field of Tourette syndrome care
- Offer education and exceptional community outreach and advocacy for Tourette syndrome and tic disorders
As a Center of Excellence, Northwestern Medicine gives patients:
- Timely and proper evaluations of Tourette syndrome and related conditions
- Access to clinical research studies that give a better understanding of Tourette syndrome and tic disorders to help create effective and safe treatments
- Trained healthcare professionals specializing in Tourette syndrome, tic disorders and related disorders
- Support groups to educate patients, families and the public on Tourette’s syndrome and tic disorders