Astigmatism can be corrected in a variety of ways, depending on the severity of the abnormal curvature. Treatments may include:
- Contact lenses
- Laser vision correction (LASIK): Using a laser to correct the shape of the cornea
- Implanted lenses: Corrective lenses used to surgically replace lenses with astigmatism
- Corneal ring implant: A ring inserted in the eye to correct astigmatism related to keratoconus
- Femtosecond laser surgery: A state-of-the-art laser technique for reshaping the cornea.
- Orthokeratology: Temporary reshaping of the cornea with therapeutic contact lenses
- Radial keratotomy: Small incisions are made in a radial pattern on the cornea to relax the curvature