Cervical Spine Disorders Treatments
Cervical spine disorders can often be treated without surgery. These treatments may help to relieve your symptoms and are often successful. They include:
- Medicines: To reduce pain and inflammation.
- Epidural steroid injections: To relieve severe pain and reduce inflammation.
- Restrict aggravating activities: To give your cervical spine time to heal.
- Soft cervical collar: To support your head while keeping your cervical spine aligned.
- Traction: To help relieve pressure on the irritated nerves.
- Physical therapy: To improve your neck’s range of motion and strength.
However, if your symptoms don’t go away, the highly skilled, experienced spine specialists at Northwestern Medicine bring you an array of nonsurgical and surgical treatment options and the latest advances in minimally invasive spine surgery and microsurgery depending upon your specific condition and need.