Pediatric Developmental and Behavioral Health
If your child has a developmental or behavioral issue, delay or disorder, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago at Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital and Northwestern Medicine Delnor Hospital1 offers the latest advances in evaluations and therapies to help your child reach for the highest level of potential possible.
Northwestern Medicine behavioral and developmental specialists offer a wide range of services tailored to your child’s specific needs. Services include:
- Assistance in accessing community and educational services
- Autism diagnosis and follow-up care
- Birth to age three developmental diagnosis and early intervention
- Speech and occupational therapies
You can expect our specialists to spend ample time with you and your child to discover your child’s unique difficulties and strengths and to better understand your family situation. In some cases, physicians from other specialties will join the care team—with every pediatric specialist focused on medical management and support for your child’s developmental progress and success.
Multidisciplinary team approach
A spirit of collaboration is vital when it comes to addressing behavioral and developmental problems. The professionals on the pediatric developmental and behavioral health team are committed to providing skilled, compassionate care in an environment targeted to the needs of your child and your family. The multidisciplinary team2 includes:
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital specialists, board-certified in pediatrics and developmental pediatrics
- Registered nurses
- Speech and occupational therapists
- Child development specialist
- Child psychologist